Yes,Facebook groups can be a useful and fun way to grow your business. I started my first Facebook group with very little expectation and not having heard of other business professionals starting Facebook groups. I was pleasantly surprised at the benefits and versatility of Facebook groups for a business.
How can Facebook groups help your business? They assist you in building mutually beneficial relationships in which you establish yourself as an expert or authority.
Facebook groups can serve several purposes for a business owner or service professional:
- Get to know your audience and potential clients or customers by engaging in open, honest conversations with them.
- Find out the needs of your audience through surveys built into the Facebook group post template.
- Establish yourself as an expert and authority in your field by answering questions in your field or about your business.
- Build goodwill among your audience by offering free advice and help as you are able
- Get to know others and how they might be able to help you
- Let group members know how you can help them or someone they know with your expertise.
So now that you are convinced of the benefits of starting a Facebook group, what should you do once you start the group? You have probably noticed in most groups those who regularly post pieces of interest to you that make you want to find out more or inspire or educate you. Here are some ideas of how to contribute meaningful content to your group.
- As a minimum, use the 4:1 rule: post 4 informative items before every one promotional item for your business.
- Let the group get to know you through your informative posts. Make people want to know more about you and your business
- Did you read an interesting business article you could share?
- Inspiring quote come through your newsfeed?
- Any news in your field?
- Tech tips you can share?
- Do you create beautiful items and have photos of interest?
- Are there behind-the-scenes videos or photos you could share?
These are just a few ideas to get you started with your business Facebook group.
Need help getting your Facebook group started? Contact us for a free consultation and information on how we can assist.